Gashi for Congress
Voting in NY-16
Important: The 2022 Primary for Congress in New York is Tuesday, August 23, 2022. Please make a plan to vote.
2022 Congressional Primary: August 23
The Supreme Court has ordered elections for Congress and the State Senate to be held on August 23, 2022. Make sure you have a plan to vote today.
If you’re not registered to vote or have moved recently, register or re-register here. Applications must be postmarked no later than July 29, 2022, and received by a board of elections no later than August 3, 2022, to be eligible to vote in the Primary.
Need an absentee ballot? Learn more and apply here.
How to Vote
Vote Early (Sat. 8/13 – Sun. 8/21): Voters may visit Countywide Early Voting Centers during these dates.
Vote By Mail – By 8/8: Request a ballot online, by mail or fax. The Board must RECEIVE your ballot request by this date. If applying due to COVID-19, select “Temporary illness or physical disability” as the reason (this includes the risk of spreading or contracting any illness).
- You can request a ballot here.
- Return Ballot: By mail (postmark by 8/23) OR at any Early Voting or Election Day poll site in your county until close of polls, or your Board of Elections office.
- Questions? Learn more about voting by mail in New York.
Vote on Primary Day (Tues. 8/23, 6 am – 9 pm): Voters are assigned to one poll site only. Look up your poll site here.
Early Voting in Westchester County
Westchester County registered voters are eligible to cast an early voting ballot. Registered voters will be able to cast their ballot at any of the 23 designated early voting locations listed below.
Westchester County’s Election Inspectors will now use Electronic Poll Books and Ballot-on-Demand systems to facilitate Early Voting. There will be nine days of early voting before each election.
Only voters registered in the Democratic Party in the 16th and 17th Congressional Districts, and 34th Senatorial District are eligible to vote.
Only voters registered in the Republican and Conservative parties in the 17th Congressional District are eligible to vote.
Aug. 23, 2022 Primary Election New Early Voting Hours
- Saturday, Aug. 13, 2022 from 10 a.m. until 6 p.m.
- Sunday, Aug. 14, 2022 from 10 a.m. until 6 p.m.
- Monday, Aug. 15, 2022 from 8 a.m. until 4 p.m.
- Tuesday, Aug. 16, 2022 from noon until 8 p.m.
- Wednesday, Aug. 17, 2022 from 8 a.m. until 4 p.m.
- Thursday, Aug. 18, 2022 from noon until 8 p.m.
- Friday, Aug. 19, 2022 from 8 a.m. until 4 p.m.
- Saturday, Aug. 20, 2022 from 10 a.m. until 6 p.m.
- Sunday, Aug. 21, 2022 from 10 a.m. until 6 p.m.
Westchester County Early Voting Centers
- Eastchester Public Library, 11 Oakridge Place, Eastchester, NY 10709
- Dobbs Ferry Village Hall, 112 Main Street, Dobbs Ferry, NY 10522
- Greenburgh Town Hall, 177 Hillside Avenue, White Plains, NY 10607
- St. Gregory The Great Church, 215 Halstead Avenue, Harrison, NY 10528
- Mamaroneck Town Center, 740 W. Boston Post Road, Mamaroneck, NY 10543
- Mt. Kisco Municipal Building, 104 Main Street, Mt. Kisco, NY 10549 (New Location)
- Mt. Pleasant Community Center, 125 Lozza Drive, Valhalla, NY 10595
- Joseph G. Caputo Community Center, 95 Broadway, Ossining, NY 10562
- Pound Ridge Town House, 179 Westchester Avenue, Pound Ridge, NY 10576
- Rye Brook Firehouse, 940 King Street, Rye Brook, NY 10573
- Somers Town House, 335 Route 202, Somers, NY 10589
- Jefferson Village Annex, 3500 Hill Boulevard, Yorktown Heights, NY 10598
- Yorktown Cultural Center, 1974 Commerce Street, Yorktown Heights, NY 10598
- Doles Center, 250 S. 6th Avenue, Mt. Vernon, NY 10550
- Mt. Vernon City Hall, 1 Roosevelt Square, Mt. Vernon, NY 10550
- New Rochelle City Hall Annex – 90 Beaufort Place, 90 Beaufort Place, New Rochelle, NY 10801
- New Rochelle United Methodist Church, 1200 North Avenue, New Rochelle, NY 10804
- Peekskill Nutrition Center – Neighborhood Center, 4 Nelson Avenue, Peekskill, NY 10566
- Peekskill Lincoln Depot Museum, 10 S. Water Street, Peekskill, NY 10566
- Westchester County Board of Elections, 25 Quarropas Street, White Plains, NY 10601
- Grinton I. Will Library, 1500 Central Park Avenue, Yonkers, NY 10710
- Nodine Hill Community Center, 140 Fillmore Street, Yonkers, NY 10701
- Riverfront Library, One Larkin Center, Yonkers, NY 10701
Frequently Asked Questions for 2022 August Primary Election
For the 2022 August Primary Election, you can vote in person before Election Day.
What is Early Voting?
Westchester County registered voters can vote in-person before Election Day at any of the 23 early voting centers.
Who can vote early?
All Westchester County registered voters can vote early.
When can I vote early?
Early Voting period will be from Saturday, Aug.13, 2022 through Sunday, Aug. 21, 2022. The complete schedule is listed above.
Where can I vote early?
You can vote at any of the designated Early Voting sites throughout the County. These Early Voting centers are listed above.
How will I vote during early voting?
Voting during early voting is the same as voting on Election Day. When you get to the early voting center, you will check in to vote, receive your ballot and vote as any other election.
There will be instructions available at the early voting centers to familiarize you with the ballot. There will also be a notice to voter and bill of rights. You may ask an election inspector to explain how to vote, or if you need any assistance.
If you vote during the early voting period, you are not eligible to vote on Election Day.
When will early voting results be posted?
Early voting votes will be canvassed and reported after 9 p.m. on Tuesday, Aug. 23, 2022.
Can I still vote by absentee ballot?
Yes, if you are out of your home county, or if you live in New York City, are outside of the five boroughs, or if you are permanently or temporarily disabled, ill or are the primary care giver for one or more people who are ill or physically disabled, or a resident of a Veterans Hospital, or detained in jail awaiting Grand Jury action or incarcerated for an offense other than a felony you may apply for an absentee ballot.
Also due to the COVID pandemic, you can use Temporary Illness as a reason to apply for an absentee ballot.
How can I find out more about Early Voting?
You can contact our office at (914) 995-5700 or the State Board of Elections at (518) 474-1953 or the New York State Board of Elections website.